Saturday, we had our third family fun night...a luau. I went a little crazy at the dollar tree b/c I was super excited about the cute luau stuff! I also found some coconut cups at wal-mart! We had a great time having purposeful fun together! We started by filling up the baby pool and water balloons. Walker woke up with a fever and only enjoyed the pool for a few minutes before we were inside and Tony and Hudson were enjoying the pool and water balloons together. They cleaned up, took a bath and then came down dressed for our Luau in their "Hawaiian" shirts. Walker enjoyed himself after his medicine kicked in. For our luau food, I had Hawaiian pork, sweet potatoes, haupia, pineapple, mangoes and of course, pina coladas to drink! Our chairs were adorned with grass skirts and a blow up palm tree hung from the chandelier. No one really liked the haupia...a Hawaiian pudding but we all loved the pina coladas. After dinner, we did the limbo with music on our TV. I thought the boys would enjoy going under the stick, but I was wrong. They wanted to hold it and have Tony and I go under! Next, we got the grass skirts off our chairs and did some hula dancing. It was great family fun!

Tony trying to show us how he could pop the balloon on his head...


didn't work....







2 comments:
You are the coolest mom in the world! I love the idea. We will have to do that one here!
What great memories you are building!
Post a Comment