The boys got to paint their own little pumpkins the day before Halloween (one of the things I love about my days at home with them...doing fun things like this). We carved our family pumpkin that night. Finley was a little fussy in the swing, so we put her in her bumbo on the floor with the bowl of pumpkin goo and I let her play. We made sure she had her pacifier at all times so she didn't try to eat it! She had so much fun squishing that stuff around and putting it on her feet, her face, all over her clothes. I would have never ever let Hudson do that...but by the third, you just kinda roll with it more! The boys had fun helping pull out the goo and separate the seeds and guts (I just realized tonight that I never got around to roasting the pumpkin seeds...and I do that every year...). Here are some pictures of our fun!








And just so you don't start thinking that we've got it all together, a few pictures to prove we don't. The morning we painted the pumpkins, we cleaned the car out first. And yes, all of this STUFF was in the car! And...now it's all in the garage...still! :)
I also told the boys they had to pick up the den and put toys back in the toy box before we could paint, and they did. But this is what it looked like. So, while they painted, I took this picture...sometimes(or a lot of the time) I let what they do to help stay the way they helped do it...and let it be good enough!
No comments:
Post a Comment