Our sweet baby girl is 2! Her birthday was Thursday, March 10, 2011. Oh how we love this sweet girl. She has been saying happy new year all day as we would say happy birthday to her...it was too cute! She loved running through her birthday streamers today and sang along as we sang happy birthday tonight with our rice krispie treats. She has started kissing and hugging us when she thinks that she's in trouble or has done something wrong...it's hard not to be charmed by her...seriously! She LOVES to give hugs and kisses and gives them out freely all day! We had her birthday party last Saturday! I love birthday parties...especially having a theme and planning fun things around that theme. I could not think of one thing for this sweet girl that would be fun for her brother's too. The only thing she's really into right now is baby dolls and I did not think a baby doll party would be fun for the brothers. I waited too late to make an invitation, so I went on to evite to send one last minute and hoping for some kind of inspiration there. I found it! There was a "card" that had paint splattered on it, so I went with that! The party was so fun! I set up different "stations" in the garage...finger paint and a big roll of craft paper, watercolor paint and paper at a table, our easel with paper attached a poster paint and a table with coloring books and crayons. I had some face paint and I painted little things on their hands. I also had an activity that the boys found in their highlights magazine and have been asking me daily when we could do it. You sort froot loops by color and then crush them, then you layer them in baby food jars...it's like sand art but with froot loops. Tony was a champ and sorted most of our off brand froot loops so that each kid already had all the colors they needed to make the rainbow. If I was doing this with just my kids, I would have had them sort the froot loops themselves! The directions said to roll the loops with a rolling pin, but when the kids started doing it, one bag was dropped and I got the idea that they could crush them with their feet, so that's what they did and it ended up being more fun than the rolling pins! Miss Finley LOVED the painting! She stayed at the easel the entire time! Before the kids came out to paint, they had to put on their "smocks" (old t-shirts that we didn't mind getting messed up). The birthday cake was my favorite. It was a rainbow inside! Super easy...two cake mixes split into thirds and then colored with each color in the rainbow! This was also the first cake we ever got to use a cake regular Duncan Hines cake mix...I just had to search for one that didn't have milk in it! We even got to have our cake made with real eggs! Needless to say, this was the most cake ever eaten at a Dudish birthday party! It was super yummy! The knife and serving piece were gifts I received from my teacher friends after she was born. The serving piece is engraved with her name and her birthdate. They are to be used at each birthday to cut her cake...then when she gets married, they are to be used at her reception to cut her wedding cake...talk about sentimental! Tony said he couldn't dare think about that! Me either! I didn't use them at her first birthday because I cupcakes! But, I want to use those each year and save a picture from each birthday in the case in which they came! 




The night before the party, I decided I needed to make Finley something to wear, so I started that little pillowcase dress she wore at about 11:00 p.m. She looked way too big with her hair in pigtails and I seriously cannot believe that my baby girl is already 2! Time seriously flies...super fast!
Happy birthday baby girl! We love you up!



1 comment:
She does look so big!! Happy birthday to Finley!
Post a Comment