After the egg hunt, we went to the field across the street to play some t-ball. Uncle Fred, Tony and Daddy let Walker learn to bat from the tee and Hudson got some practice in! (It paid off too...at his game Tuesday, he hit two balls down the third base line! Previously, they've all gone down the first base line or right to the pitcher!) Then, we rushed to take a bath, ate some dinner, threw everything in the car and came home, off to bed and then I had to work two more days at the beginning of this week because I switched some days around. Needless to say the Dudish house is T-I-R-E-D! But that good kinda tired where you were busy with fun stuff!
Wednesday, April 27, 2011
Easter
We had such a busy weekend over here! It started Friday night with a 7:15 p.m. t-ball game. Saturday morning, we got up and celebrated Easter with Tony's family at 11:00. The kids were asking from the moment they were up when we were having the egg hunt at Grandma and Grandpa's. They carry on this cool tradition Tony's Big D.O. and Mama Genie used to do where they hide eggs for each kid and they have numbers inside and then they get prizes that correspond to the numbers! So fun! I have no pictures of this, but I'm hoping Grandma does and I can get some from her! After the fun, we came home and napped and then off to the ball field again for a 4:00 t-ball game. Clay and Hope, and Aunt Bevo and Emma Julia came to this one and I was the dug-out Mom...so I spent the game in the dug-out getting the kids lined up for batting and helping them get ready to go back in the field. After the game, we played on the playground for a while and had sno-cones...that Ski Bob is a nice guy! After sno-cones there was dinner and then coloring eggs. 




We wanted to go to the early service at church, but we also knew that if we were going to the early service, it would mean we would need to be extra early to get everyone in, to their places and us to a seat on Easter Sunday. We woke up Sunday morning and I came down and made cinnamon rolls for breakfast, then we had the kids come down and they were so excited to see their baskets. 

We hadn't talked a lot about the Easter bunny...lots more about Jesus and how he died on the cross for us, so the night before when we sat out the baskets, there was not a lot of hoopla with it! After baskets and cinnamon rolls, we dressed and got in the car, later than I had wanted, but we had gotten lots ready Saturday night and we made it by 9:10 on Sunday! There were still lots of spaces in the parking lot! I told Tony we needed to high five over that...what an accomplishment! Church was great, and there were over 1000 people at the first service! What a cool thing to praise and worship our risen savior! Grandma took a few pictures of the crew on one of the sofas at church and then we rushed off to Commerce. My Daddy had left me instructions to start some things for lunch, so I immediately started those when we got there. Two minutes later, my parents got home from church. 



We had a nice lunch, then the kids took naps and after naps, we made rice krispie treats as well as bunny sugar cookies. We were waiting on Aunt Bevo for the egg hunt. As soon as she got there, Uncle Fred and Tony went outside to hide eggs. The kids had so much fun. (On a side note, and something that I want to remember is that my Mama had found random eggs that she had...totalling to like 11. She had them in a basket by the piano and Hudson found them, came out on the porch where we were sitting and announced to Grandmama that her eggs did not have any candy in them...he had shaken them all!...thus ensued a talk about why there was no candy...Walker suggested they might be "magic eggs" and as soon as those kids started napping, Grandmama went to work on figuring out what to fill those eggs with and decided she was not a very prepared Grandmama...we laughed and laughed about this one!) 



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a wonderful weekend y'all had - sounds very fun. Love ya.
Post a Comment