So, do you think it's weird if I think that all this snow was just for me? I have been so sad leaving my newest little guy, and really just long to be with him. I've only left him twice (the two days I worked last week). I was dreading this week because I was going to be away from him for three days, and what do you know...all this snow! We're snowed in and school has been cancelled all three of those days! God gave us rest in the form of snow. Today as Hudson, Walker and I built a snowman, I was thinking about how much I truly love snow. They had run to the kitchen to get the snowman accessories, the kids who had been sledding down the hill by our house had all gone home, and it was just me, sitting in the middle of the snow. It was silent. There is a peaceful silence about the snow that really speaks to my soul! It's simply beautiful! I really do love the snow! I love the silence of watching falling snow, I love how snow covers everything in a blanket of white. I love how snow is a reminder that God has covered my sins...that they are as white as snow(Isaiah 18)! And I love this verse I found in Job today..."He directs the snow to fall on the earth and tells the rain to pour down. Then everyone stops working so they can watch his power....The clouds churn about at His direction. They do whatever He commands throughout the earth. He makes these things happen either to punish people or to show his unfailing love." Job 37:6-13 The snow is for me...to remind me of God's unfailing love! What does the snow make you think about?





Finley wanted NOTHING to do with the snow Monday. I had her loaded down with clothes and I think she didn't like that she couldn't really move because of all the layers. Before we went out, she fell in the den and poor thing couldn't get up. She looked like she was doing the downward dog yoga move trying to get up. She wouldn't let us put her down in the snow...so I have no good picture of her in the snow. Today, however, after we built our snowman, she marched right out. (Of course, she was only dressed in her jammies, rain boots, coat and hat...since we were just going out to take pictures with our snowman). Hudson has loved the snow the most...he wants to keep playing and playing and playing. Tony and I both got to go out with him and spend a little extra time with our oldest. Walker said his favorite thing about playing in the snow was putting the mouth and buttons on our snowman. We had the idea to use skittles, but man alive, those things wouldn't stay on that icy snow. So, being the quick thinker that I am(ha) we decided to "dye" the snow using the skittles. So, we just rubbed those little candies where we wanted a mouth and buttons. I have to say, it was one of my favorite things too. Let me add for the sake of this being like my scrapbook for our family that Hudson absolutely LOVED getting the ice off the top of the snow and throwing it down the hill. It would shatter on the other ice and roll down the hill. We did this for quite a while both Monday and Tuesday! I tried over and over to slide down the hill with NO luck. I'm sure it was quite funny to watch though. Oh, I forgot that I put Hudson in this big bucket that we have and slid him around on the road. He didn't think it was so much fun. So, I got in...bottom first...feet hanging out...can you picture it? It was just the boy and me outside, so I told him to push me...nothing happened. Next, I decided he could probably use the handles to spin me, so that's what he did. I started chanting the old merry-go-round chant...faster faster need another master as my sweet guy ran around spinning me! Loved it...then it was time to get out. I was stuck! How was I getting out of this thing? I had Hudson push while I tried to sort of rock forward. It worked and I kinda rolled myself out. I LOVE the snow! (I kept the baby inside the whole time...we had his snow picture on his first Christmas!)

4 comments:
God understands a mothers heart! I'm glad I'm around to enjoy your blessing. (:
Angela
Cute pictures! I'm glad you got to enjoy a few more days with your little ones!
Chloe hasn't been too thrilled with the snow, either. Since Matt's been working, it's hard to stay outside with the other two when she wants to go inside so badly.
so sweet! what a blessing the snow was for you and your family!! i know you enjoyed your days at home!
we are loving libbi's hats that you made...they have come in very handy! :)
i think finley looks a lot like you in some of these snow pictures. and, i love those verses in job, too! i read those this week for the first time and they have been my mantra for the week (Especially every time i start to get annoyed by the snow/ice) ;0)
I totally believe it snowed for you!
And I love the snow too. I have gone for a walk each day and so many times I just stop in the middle of the street...and listen to the silence. It's so cool.
Post a Comment