Twas the night before Kindergarten and all through the house,
Not a wee one was stirring, no one watching Mickey Mouse.
The new school clothes were laid out, they were picked out with care,
There was anticipation and excitement filling the air.
The littles were sleeping, all tucked in their beds
Hudson's clothes ready, filled with all colors of reds.
Daddy and Mommy were already wiped out,
Having already gotten up with their youngest little sprout.
We were all so excited that our biggest little guy
Was already starting school, in the blink of an eye.
The years have gone quickly, oh how fast they flew,
And now it was time to begin something new.
Mommy was sad that her boy was so big,
And he would be off starting a new gig.
Lunches were packed and so was snack,
Everything ready, even the backpack.
Prayers were lifted up and said with great fervor,
Our big boy would be off and out, a world observer.
The beginning of the time when he's not under our care,
That he can be a light and protected is our prayer.
So the night before Kindergarten, how did you come so fast?
I know in a short blink, you too will have passed.
For now, it's our hope that this first is a wonderful day,
And each one after that filled with laughter, learning and play!
My boy and I were driving in the car the other day and talking about school. He started asking me about the cafeteria and what he would do when he went in there. I was telling him that he would probably be sitting at the table waiting for the other kids to come with their trays. He so innocently said, "So I'll sit and wait for everyone to sit down and then we'll say the blessing, and then eat." Oh my goodness, I was struck with a sense of total sadness. Tears filled my eyes as I explained to my sweet boy that at school, we don't pray before lunch. I told him that we go to public school and everyone doesn't believe the same thing we do, but that he can say a blessing himself before he eats. How sweet and innocent is that boy!? Love him!
2 comments:
Love it! Sweet Hudson is going to do so great!! Can't wait to hear
What a sweet post! Hope his first day and yours is so great!
Post a Comment