Sunday, September 14, 2008

Hudson's Birthday Party...

For Hudson's 3rd birthday, we decided to have a football themed party. I made jersey invitations and asked everyone to wear their favorite football jersey. The kids played football in the yard, we had a football pinata and I made a football birthday cake. It really turned out to be very cute, and most importantly, my three year old was thrilled...most of all with his birthday cake. He was so polite to everyone as he opened presents, making sure to find the person whose present he was opening and thank them for it, even before he knew what it was. After he opened his presents, he told everyone to come inside for birthday cake, which he'd been asking to do for hours. He stood in a chair at the kitchen table, absolutely beaming with joy. As everyone started to sing happy birthday, Hudson sang along, as loudly as he could I thought he might drop out as we got to the "dear Hudson" part of the song, but he sang right through that as well...with the biggest smile smashed across his sweet little face as he looked around at all these people that he loves, singing happy birthday to him. It was a really special moment, and one that I will treasure forever! My camera was messed up, so I'll post some pictures when I get some.

No comments: