Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Holiday Season

So, we've been super busy this holiday season and I've just neglected taking the time to sit down and reflect on all the things we've done. Here goes...I'll do pictures later. We went South Carolina for my Mama's family Christmas. We went to my uncle's house in Aiken. He has a horse and a pony...and my aunt took us out to see them. When someone mentioned going out to the barn to see the horses, Walker excitedly jumped up and said he wanted to go, Hudson looked at my Mama with this scared look in his eyes and said he didn't want to go! But, he went anyway. While out at the barn, Walker fed the pony and the horse treats and even said he wanted Pony to come out. Hudson, on the other hand was quite the opposite! We went out a second time during the evening and this time, we brought out the big horse. Hudson was quite frightened of this. (I think Walker was just a little scared, too...those things are BIG). But, Walker petted the horse, while Hudson didn't want to get close and cried a little. Although, right after he said...I did good, I just cried a little bit and I was close to that horse! My sweet guy is so self aware! We had fun visiting with family and playing our white elephant Christmas game! We also celebrated with the Stephenson family one Friday night in December. The boys always have sooo much fun playing with all their Stephenson cousins, and this was no exception! They played hard and even with dogs running around!
On December 20, Hudson sang at church in both services! This was such a huge deal because last year, he was supposed to sing, my parents drove all the way from Commerce, and even brought Papa along and the boy would not do it! I could not convince him that it was fine to go up and sing on the stage that Mommy sings on sometimes...he just wouldn't do it...he cried and cried, and I wasn't going to force him, so he sat with us while all the other kids sang. Well, this year, that kid was such a big boy. He walked in a line right up to the stage(however, he stopped at the row where Tony and all his grandparents and Beverly and Clay sat and said "I'm gonna sing again in a minute.") He also told me after that he didn't sing last year, he just cried and that he was a big boy this time. I really was so proud of him, and he beamed on the stage...so proud of himself! There were over 55 three to five year olds who sang that Sunday.
There's lots more, so I'll post more with pics and maybe video tomorrow! I can't believe that it's almost 2010!

1 comment:

LWJ said...

Can't wait to see pics! What about all the other Christmas stuff! Crazy Crazy!