Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Summer

We have been having a busy summer at the Dudish house! Tony and I went to youth camp with our youth from church and left the littles with my parents for the week. We had a great time and so did the kiddies. Although, when we returned Finley let it be know and quite loudly that she was not happy that I had left her for so long. She was then attached to me for the next week...which I actually spent back in Commerce with my parents because the day after we brought the kids home, the upstairs A/C went out...so off we went. Our compressor ended up being broken and so we replaced the entire unit which is now bigger and works a lot better than the old one that we've had to fix each summer since moving into this house!

Last week, the kids and I went up to my new classroom to work for a few hours and the kids had a blast playing in the housekeeping area of the room. I took a snack and they were all happy!

Tony's sweet sister and her husband, Lori and Justin took Tony and I on a last hoorah?? before summer is over. We left Sunday morning at 8 and drove to Savannah, had lunch, walked around, napped, had dinner...at the Crab Shack (best crab legs I've ever had) and spent the night at a sweet hotel across from River Street. We all got up early the next morning and drove to Tybee Island and spent a few hours on the beach...then back to the hotel to shower and pack before check out time. We walked around a little more, ate lunch at Uncle Bubba's-Paula Deen's brother...super yummy food! Then we headed back home to meet our littles who had spent another night with grandmama! We had a great time with Lori and Justin and are so thankful that they took us along on their trip! Thank you, Lori and Justin!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

How fun! I'm glad you had some time alone with your hubby this summer! I've enjoyed catching up on your blog--the new design looks great!