I didn't say when I originally posted this that I was inspired by the Nester, a great blog for cheap ideas in home decor. I painted the stars on the mantle and found the small topiaries at Goodwill and just changed them a little. I'm very happy with how the mantle looks, even if it's not the best garland every!We have our tree up, but no decorations. We put it up Friday, planned to decorate Saturday after the GA/GA Tech game, but the bottom section of the tree doesn't have lights...they're out. I just can't bring myself to take the lights off the prelit tree and put different ones on...I'll do it soon...I am super duper proud of the mantle...Tony wonders why I even want to decorate...who's gonna see it he says...ME! And anyone who comes to our house...and now...all of you!



3 comments:
Your mantle looks great... I'm still working on ours. Did you get that PEACE stocking holder from Target? I saw one there the other day and almost bought it. I still need to get something - this is the first year we've had a mantle!
I'm glad you didn't have to wait long at the library for Letters. I hope it's good!
Love the mantle!
The topiaries are so pretty with your garland. The stars add that something extra that makes it all gorgeous! Great job!
Post a Comment