Sunday, July 19, 2009

DIY

So, I don't know about you...but any time there is a DIY project at the Dudish house, something always goes awry! Today, we were trying to change our front door knob. I want different color knobs on our doors, so I thought I'd do them one at a time, and this was the first one. We got the deadbolt in, only to realize that we had it upside down. There is seriously a little sign on it that says UP with an arrow...and we had it pointing down! Well...now, we can't get the bottom screw out and it's stripped...so I wanna know...when you DIY...does it always work out? Oh...and these pictures are our front door...right now, I have it covered with cardboard!

Updated a few hours later...we got the stripped screw out with pliars and now have a deadbolt in and a door makeover! :) Don't let these pictures fool you...I did the hard part with the pliars!


2 comments:

LWJ said...

Glad yall finally got it to work! door knob looks great!!

MaryMobbs said...

In times like these, call my Dad. He can fix anything!