8:30 a.m. Hudson comes in saying Walker is crying and asking if he can go in and talk to him...sure...in he goes.
9:00 a.m. Hudson comes in and says Walker wants to get out of his crib...so I stumble, half asleep to his room and get him out of his crib (now I'm going to let them play and I"m going to sleep until Finley wakes up...the gate is up...nothing they can get into upstairs)
9:10 a.m. I hear Hudson and Walker talking about going to Hudson's "basement"...but they're always pretending.
9:20 a.m. Hudson runs into my room saying that Walker is stuck in "his basement"...so I run to Hudson's room, not knowing what I'll find...
9:26 a.m. Walker is LOCKED INSIDE the little crawl space that's in Hudson's room. DO NOT PANIC
9:27 a.m. To my room to get bobby pins and straight pins...how do you unlock a door with a little hole from the outside?? I tell Hudson we'll call the police if mommy can't get Walker out. Walker is inside just saying "I can't get out, Mommy." I try to talk him through how to turn the little part in the middle of the door knob, to which, he twists the locked knob and then says "I can't do it."
9:30 a.m. I try to call Tony...can't get him. I call my mama at work and tell the person it's an emergency
9:31 a.m. Mama says to get a little screwdriver or a credit card...I get these things, still can't get the door open, still trying to talk Walker into unlocking the door himself.
9:35 a.m. or so Mama puts me on hold to go look at a door knob at the store...I speak the blood of Jesus over the door and ask that we can get it open
9:37 a.m. Mama comes back and asks if I have an ice pick (what???) or a coat hanger (this I have) She also asks if it is a pop lock or a turn lock...which makes a difference b/c instead of just popping something in there, I have to stick something in there and turn.
9:38 a.m. I get a coat hanger, straighten it, stick it in the knob and ask "what do I do know?" She tells me to try and turn it, but we don't know which way...I turn one way and then the other all the while twisting the knob
9:40 a.m. Door opens and my sweet Walker comes out and says with a BIG smile..."Mommy, you got me ooowwwt." I giggle b/c he's wearing his jammies and this john deere hat turned crooked on his sweet head, and he's not phased by the fact that he's been locked in a little crawl space for the last 20 minutes.
Thank you God for the sweet spirit of this baby...he's so content wherever he is, whatever he's doing...what a wonderful gift!

1 comment:
Oh, Becky! Never a dull moment! Look at it this way--now you know how to pick a lock!
Post a Comment