
Well, I was wearing a bracelet and as I stuck my hand in to pull out my M&M's a funny thing happened. I couldn't get my hand out. Did you catch that? I. COULD. NOT. GET. MY. HAND. OUT! Like, it wouldn't come out of the slot. Seriously, it was stuck. There was a fellow teacher in the room with me and I tried my hardest to get it out myself before I said something to her! I tried to push the slot open more and it wouldn't budge. So I told her. And then she tried to push the slot open more. Nothing was happening...nothing. So, after many many giggles and laughs and her pushing the slot and me trying to wedge the bracelet off, my hand was free. She decided that she'd get the M&M's for me! :) We then had a big laugh at how funny it would have been to buzz the front office and say that Mrs. Dudish was stuck in the snack machine.
How this incident reminded me of becoming my Mama: my Mama has this ugly pair of Mommy jeans that have for years been tagged as her paint pants. Here's why...she went to Home Depot 30 miles from where we lived. She picked up a gallon of white paint, dropped it and it spilled ALL OVER HER! Did you catch that? WHITE. PAINT. ALL. OVER! The men who work at Home Depot tried to help her as best they could. She made white footprints all through the store! They gave her trash bags, I think, to put down in the car at least. She came home, rang the doorbell and stood there for my Daddy to come see her standing there with white paint all over her jeans...thus...the paint pants! (At least my stuck hand wasn't permanent...thank goodness!)
Now to this week. I put a pork tenderloin in my crockpot this morning to cook all day while I was at work. This is what it looked like this morning when I put it in...
AND...this is what it looked like 9 hours later when I came home from work...
Notice anything similar about these two pictures. Yeah...they're the same! When I came home, I noticed that my house did not have the wonderful smell of that meat cooking. And then, I had a flash to this morning when I was in a hurry, put the tenderloin in, covered it with mustard, plugged the crock pot in and LEFT. I never pushed how long it should cook.How this reminded me of becoming my Mama: her brothers and my daddy tell a story of her cooking for one of them sometime after she and my Daddy got married but before they had children. She was cooking stew, I think, and she cooked it all day and kept checking on it and wondering why it wasn't cooking....only later to learn that she had never plugged the thing in! (at least I remembered to plug my crockpot in!) :)
Now, as long as I don't start telling people that I'm 7 ' 5" and ordering graduation gowns where I convert those feet and inches to all inches...I won't officially be JUST like my mama (yes...she did that for her college graduation...ordered a gown for someone who was 7 feet 5 inches, converted it all to inches...the gown came and was too big for the tallest guy in her college graduating class...my Daddy called the company where the gowns were ordered from to see if they could rush another gown for her and the lady he spoke with said that people who worked there had talked about booking flights to Georgia to see the 7 '5 lady walk down the aisle to graduate!) So, if you see me doing silly things like falling out of nowhere in a parking lot or spilling paint everywhere...please know...I get it honest!
(I got the vending machine picture from http://www.vendingondemand.com/)
3 comments:
OH but how I love our mother!!!!!
Those stories are hilarious! You actually made me laugh out loud with the pictures of the pork in the crock pot!! ;) And, I could just see you with your hand stuck...laughing. I could almost hear your laugh!! :)
Hope all is well!! :)
OMG..this is totally something I would do ;)
Post a Comment