Friday, September 25, 2009

New Fun

Today we did something new. It was also very fun. It entertained the boys for at least an hour. We made play dough. We've never gotten to play with the store bought kind before b/c it is made of wheat. So, today, we made our own. We had different recipes, one with flour (we used soy flour) and one with baking soda and cornstarch. We made the first with flour and when it didn't turn out like I wanted (it was really sticky and I could forsee the mess), we made the next recipe and it turned out great. It really felt just like store bought play dough. We colored it using Wilton's paste food coloring, which we had b/c that's what we used to color icing for our birthday cakes. The colors were very vibrant and even colored our hands. I think the more we play with them the less this will happen. The boys really had a blast. And, so did I...getting to watch them experience playdough for the first time. They were so excited!

2 comments:

O'Dell Family said...

You are such a fun momma!

Amy said...

How fun! Just wondering....how did the play-dough smell? I can't stand the "store-bought" kind b/c of the smell....but then sometimes if the homemade kind smells too good they want to eat it... =)