Tuesday, May 26, 2009

30 years

Today is my 30th birthday. I've been feeling a little overwhelmed by it. 30 seems like a big milestone for some reason! I'm leaving my 20's...really far away from my teens and...as my sweet brother told me today...halfway to 60! While talking with my mama, I started thinking of all the things I've done in these 30 years. I thought I'd make a list of some of the big ones!

I came to know Jesus Christ and asked Him to be my personal Lord and Savior
I got straight A's in school
I spent weeks during summers with my sweet Nanny (I sure do miss her!)
I sang the song from The Little Mermaid in the Junior Miss and won a talent award for it
I was voted most Outstanding Student of my senior class by my teachers
I was a regional cheerleading champ my senior year
I preached my one and only sermon my senior year
I got accepted early to UGA
I went to every GA football game my sophomore year, except one(the Auburn game-my Granny had passed away)
I sang in a girls group, mixed vocal group and then a praise band at the BSU
I've been to colleges: UGA, Gordon College, Perimeter College, Emmanuel College and Walden University
I have an undergraduate degree and a Master's degree
I've been on mission trips to New Orleans, New Jersey, Tennessee and Korea
I've been to these states: Georgia, Florida, SC, NC, Alabama, Tennessee, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Connecticut, Virginia, West Virginia, Illinois, Nevada, Texas, Pennsylvania, California, Hawaii (I'd like to see each state in my lifetime!)
I've worked as a lifeguard, as a nanny, at a bookstore, at Old Navy, at Sylvan Learning Center and I've taught Kindergarten, EIP, 2nd grade and this fall, I'll be teaching 1st grade
I met and married the love of my life
I bought a house
I bought a car
I have had three sweet babies

God has truly blessed my life and I pray that I can serve Him even more my next 30 years!

2 comments:

The Littles said...

That's a pretty good list! I wish I had thought of doing that on my birthday...I might try it now though. Love you!

LWJ said...

Becky, that was such a good idea to reflect. You have done a lot!