
That's the new question that Mr. Hudson has been asking...about everything. A recent conversation during lunch.
Hudson: Where do french fries come from?
Me: Potatoes
Hudson: Where does hamburger come from?
Me: A cow (hoping there are no further questions about this...going into the fact that we are actually EATING the COW)
Hudson: Where does ketchup come from?
Me: Tomatoes
Hudson: Oh, from a garden.
Me: Yes
Later, after nap...
Hudson: Mommy, where do Honey Combs and Cap'n Crunch and Yucky Charms come from?
Me: A factory
Hudson: What factory?
Me: (um...these where did they come from questions are getting harder to answer) mmm...Post, Kellogs...I don't know...maybe a mill...(now thinking of General Mills).
Hudson: What's a mill?
Me: A place where they make stuff...(then I decide I need to tell him that the ingredients of the cereal are actually grown on a farm and then the mill puts them all together and makes the cereal
Hudson: Oh...I think maybe the grocery store makes it.
Me: No, that's just where we buy it(now the teacher in me thinks that I need to teach my 3 year old a lesson in economics...but for now....we'll just leave it at that)!
No comments:
Post a Comment