I LOVE surprises...like I really, really love them. I can know that a present for me is sitting somewhere unwrapped and NOT look or go near it b/c I like to be surprised! I told Tony that for my 30th birthday, that I wanted a surprise party with all the people that I love there. Yes, I actually told him that I wanted a surprise party. Here's the last few days as I saw them.
On Sunday, I celebrated my 30th birthday with my parents, sister and almost brother in law. I made a pink crown princess cake b/c Hudson said I needed to have a princess party! Monday, I celebrated with Tony's family...mom and dad in law, sister and brother in law at O'Charley's. We brought extra cake to share. That evening, Tony and I went to Macaroni Grill (which I've decided is my favorite place to eat!) and then to Chic Fil A for an ice cream cone! Tuesday, my actual birthday, I was a little sad to have to work, but woke up to find birthday streamers outside my room. That was a fun suprise! I didn't have to work the entire day, which I didn't know ahead of time. So, I decided to leave my little ones with Lois for a while and got a pedicure and shopped a little...just spending some time on my own! That evening, when Tony came home, the boys gave me the presents they had gotten me...a princess toy and a princess streamer witha wand...which you know I had to spin around and dance before I left to go to my card club. My sweet card clubbing friends had me a surprise baby shower and gave me gifts for my sweet baby girl, which was a nice treat! Then, they had brownies with candles and sang Happy Birthday to me! Another nice treat! So, I was thinking my days of birthday celebration were over with no surprise party! I had already started thinking I would plan Tony a surprise 30th party, which he would not so much enjoy, but as I said...I LOVE surprises.
Earlier this week, Lori emailed and asked me if we could take pictures tonight, Friday, with a new lens that Justin had gotten. She told me that b/c of the summer sun, he's liking to take pictures at 6:45 or 7...that sounded good to me! So, I decided that I'd wash Hudson's hair this afternoon and I was getting ready to cook about 5. The phone rings and it was an agent wanting to show our house between 6 and 7:30 TONIGHT! So, I ditched cooking dinner and started getting the house ready. It was mostly clean, just needed to be picked up and vacuumed. So, Tony got home and we got everything ready! I had thrown on a pair of shorts and pulled my hair into a pony tail. My bangs kept falling in my face, so I finally pinned it up with a bobby pin. I picked out clothes for the boys to wear, something for Finley, grabbed jammies and off we went. I did think to grab a pair of earrings...and Tony did say...aren't you going to be in the picture...with Finley, Lori and Kylin. No...I was sure not! On the way, however, I did put on makeup...the first time since Tuesday! We got to Lori and Justin's to see Tony's parents cars in the driveway. I said to Tony..."maybe they came to be in the pictures with their grandkids." Tony said "maybe they have food." I decided to change the boys in the car. First was Hudson, I changed him and sent him in. Then, I changed Walker and sent him in. I grabbed the box where I had thrown all the things to take for the pictures, Tony had Finley and in we went. I was talking to Lori, making sure that we weren't going to be in the pictures, and now that I think back, she did have a weird look on her face, which I thought nothing of. Then, as I walked in towards the kitchen...people I love all yelled surprise! WHAT? I really was totally shocked and I cannot believe that my sweet Tony pulled this off. He gave NOTHING away. He even kept up the surprise saying that maybe his parents had brought food! Poor Hudson and Walker were a little overwhelmed with all the people when they walked in, but good that I had sent them in ahead of me, or they might have been scared rather than just overwhelmed! I had a great time with my sweet friends and wonderful family! I told Tony that this makes up for the no gift 25th birthday! I just love him...especially when he surprises me!
No comments:
Post a Comment