This past Friday, Hudson, Walker, Finley and I went to Commerce to spend the night with my family. Beverly had a luncheon on Saturday, and Finley and I were going...the boys were going to stay with my Daddy while we went to the lunch. Friday night, the boys got to bed a lot later than usual. At 9:30 p.m., my Daddy was taking Hudson to go potty. They came out and said that his paci had fallen into the potty. Well...I don't take extra pacis...just one for each boy. My mama didn't think that we could clean it good enough since it is something that goes in the mouth, so Beverly and I went to Walgreens in search of a silicone Nuk pacifier. Well, they had two packages, both with two HOT PINK pacifiers. I debate for about 1 minute if we should try CVS to see if they have blue ones, but decide it's not a big deal...just for sleep. We buy them, and on the car ride back, we start talking about what Hudson might say. Beverly says, let's not tell him, and maybe he won't say anything. I'm like, we could tell him they're red like Elmo...maybe he'll think they are. Well...we come in with the pacis to an eagerly awaiting Hudson. However, I don't let him see them yet. I boiled them for a few minutes, let them cool and then get one to give him. I just put it directly in his mouth, trying not to let him see it. Of course, he takes it out to examine this "new paci". Immediately he gets this funny look on his face and says..."Mommy...why. did you get me. a. pink one?" I wish I could type the look on his face and the expression as he said this...like what was I thinking getting that boy a pink paci. He then proceeds to tell me that pink ones are for girls and he usually has a blue one...b/c that's for boys. I convinced him that it didn't matter and we'd get a blue one when we got home. He slept fine with his pink paci and then the next morning he shared the other pink paci with his brother. So here are my boys with their hot pink pacifiers. Doesn't it always work out like that...too funny!

This is the most recent picture of Miss Finley taken yesterday!
1 comment:
You should have told him that you got it to match the comforter on the bed! Makes perfect sense to me!
Post a Comment