
I can't believe that we went to do something this evening, and I forgot my camera again! After a boring day of just sitting for hours and nothing happening at jury duty, I was ready to be outside. So, after dinner, we took the boys to Briscoe Park (with some old hamburger and hotdog buns and some rye bread that Hudson and Walker didn't like) to feed the ducks. We first went to a small part where there were two white ducks and a mommy duck with babies. Hudson was right on the bank throwing his bread proudly to the two white ducks when the mommy and babies swam over. He was delighted, yelling to them, here's some more bread, ducks. It was too cute. Tony gave Walker a piece of bread and he just held it, didn't want to throw it in. He just watched all the action. Next we walked over to the big pond where people were fishing and where most of the ducks were hanging out. There were maybe 5 ducks where we were that we started throwing our bread to...well, not for long. It was a funny looking thing, to look up and see all the ducks in the pond swimming towards us! Tony and I got tickled, because they were coming in groups from different directions. There were a few geese that came over with their heads held high that didn't fight for the bread. They really looked like they thought they were too good to fight for it. They just waited until it came right to them with no one around. Hudson yelled to these ducks as he was finishing off his bread..."I have two more pieces ducks!" Walker was watching in amazement, and I missed it all on camera...but Tony and I have those sweet memories of our boys and the ducks!
No comments:
Post a Comment