


Well, we had our first pool experience this year...and Walker LOVED it...Hudson...well, he loved it after a while, but didn't really get in. Lois, who keeps Hudson and Walker when I'm working, the lady who I consider my dear friend, has a pool membership and invited us to come to the pool today. Of course, our air conditioner is broken and so we were late b/c we were waiting on the man to come fix it and I had things to do to get ready for the pool...anyway, we were late. We stopped at Walgreens to get water wings for Hudson and off we went. He was excited about the pool and Wotis, Massew, Liliun (as Hudson says)...until we pull up and he sees it. Then he says no, no go in pool. Well, I love the pool, so I'm like, what? I let Lois hold Walker and I proceed to hold Hudson in the water...he screams. I jump around...he screams more. So, now I'm thinking I'll put Walker in, Hudson will see Walker likes it and then he will too. Well, Walker cries a little b/c the water is so cold, so I try Hudson again...more screaming. Finally, I just let Hudson play outside of the pool and Walker gets in his float where he stays content as he could be the whole time we were at the pool...except when we were eating of course. Hudson warmed up to the water, right about the time we needed to leave for naps...sitting on the side, kicking and splashing...I was so proud that he did this on his own, I had to take some pictures.
1 comment:
No worries, Becky. Mine started out the same way and ended to be little fish. I was excited when we reached the point where Nathan would let me drip water on his leg! Later, he had a good friend that loved the water and Nathan wanted to hang out so he got over his fear. When Amy was older, Dale gave her a quarter every time she put her face in the water. She was rich in no time! He'll come around when he is ready. In the meantime, just enjoy! Thanks for the new blog site. Donna
Post a Comment