Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Living with Food Allergies

Last night, we went to Tony's softball game at George Pierce Park in Suwanee. It's a beautiful park and the boys had a great time watching their daddy. I cannot believe that I forgot to take my camera, so I have no pictures. At one point, Walker was playing under the bleachers and stuck his little head through, and that's when I realized that I didn't have my camera...it would've been the cutest picture!! Anyway, there were some other kids there who came after us and brought push ups, you know, the orange ice cream filled treats. Well, it always, always, always breaks my heart to see my sweet Hudson looking at treats that he can't have. He always has this look like "that looks so yummy. " Those same kids later pulled out some fruit snacks and again, Hudson looks like he wants to eat one, their mom told him to ask his Mommy. But, I can't just let him eat things like that before I have checked out ingredients and such. I did have a fruit roll-up that I have just found that my boys love made of all organic fruit from company called FruitABu (these are super yummy). So at least I had something for him to have and it satisfied him, but it just breaks my heart that my guy has these allergies. One good thing is that I am sure that Hudson thinks Walker has the same allergies because they always eat the same things, so he doesn't feel alone in his allergicness(don't think that's an actual word, but seems to fit here).

1 comment:

Ainsley said...

My boys have allergies, too. At least my older son. It's so hard when other kids are eating yummy things. What is Hudson allergic to?