Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Power-less

How long could you go with no power? Well...I realized that I couldn't go too long! Yesterday morning at 10:30, our power went out. So, our phone doesn't work b/c it's digital and nothing else works in our house b/c it's all electric! Well, we could use the water, at least. The morning was fine, I opened all the blinds, while the boys played. I got lots done. I cleaned out a few cabinets and drawers. I had my cell phone, so I talked with an old friend and with Tony a few times. Lunch was approaching, so I was trying to think of something that didn't have to be heated. We had soy nut butter and rye crackers and some fruit. I was getting a little worried with nap time approaching, b/c we all sleep with fans, and I wasn't sure how our guys would do with no fans. So, I kept them up a little while longer, thinking they'd be extra tired. I lay them down, and Hudson was fine, Walker was kinda crying, which surprised me a bit(he's a really good sleeper!). I waited a good while, talked with TOny, trying to decide what to do. I was thinking that I could put everyone in the car and ride around and let them watch a movie. As I was talking this over with Tony, my cell phone died. Now, I had no contact with the outside world! Finley started crying a little, which made Walker cry more b/c he could hear her through the walls. Needless to say, I decided to try the car thing. I went in and talked to Walker, he liked the idea. I went in to get Hudson...and he was ASLEEP! He is not someone you want to wake up! He started crying and screaming, and oh my what was I thinking. He didn't want to watch a movie in the car. BUT...I got everyone in the car, pulled the emergency garage door pull and then I couldn't budge the door. I went around to the front...wouldn't move an inch. I brought everyone back inside and tried letting them lay on the sofa. I told them not to talk..so they didn't but played a breathing game with each other. I ended up putting them in their beds, they slept and I rested on the sofa with my IPOD...thank goodness for that thing...I seriously love music! We didn't get power until about 8:00 last night. We heated up our dinner at Aunt Lori and Uncle Justin's house...thank you, thank you our sweet Aunt Lori, who just had our first neice, Miss Kylin a week ago this past Friday, for letting us crash your house with crazy boys who love to run wild in the open space of your house! So back to my question...I wouldn't last too long without power.

2 comments:

The Hartzog's said...

Your posts really crack me up! Sounds like such drama!! We also were without power yesterday, 7-8 hours and it was no fun. It really made me appreciate those who had to raise children before there was power, or those in other countries who just don't have it! We're so spoiled, but for that I'm very thankful :)

LWJ said...

We love anytime we get to spend with yall. I did have the chin picture up but took it off and forgot to put a different one up. I know...we will have to take pictures very soon! Love yall!