Friday, April 10, 2009

Quite a weird afternoon


I think I've posted before that we have our house up for sale. Today, Beverly came to help me with the little ones and visit. I mentioned to her that I sometimes wonder if people would ever come to look at our house during nap time, while we are ALL sleeping, and how that would be so strange. Well...it totally happened today...here's how. Beverly and I didn't nap, but we were up in my room with the gate up and the fan on, so Miss Finley would sleep(I have a deep love of fan sounds!) folding clothes. Hudson and Walker have been asleep for a while, so I am expecting Hudson to awake any moment! Beverly and I start hearing footsteps, but I think it's Hudson. In fact, she says, doesn't that sound like footsteps, and I say...yeah it's Hudson...see he turned on the hall light. In walks Hudson looking around my room like he can't find something. We think he's looking for his Aunt Bevo. He then says where's that man and lady who woke me up. I'm like what? He says again...where's that man and lady that came in my room and woke me up. What is he talking about??? Beverly looks out the window and sure enough there are four people out in the driveway. My heart drops into my stomach. Strange people walked into my baby's room, opened his door, turned on his light, woke him up and then left my house. How cowardly! Why would they not then come to find the adult, tell what happened and apologize? Hudson says he told them to get out of his room(I'm not sure exactly what he did, but how traumatic for my little guy!)I go into the hall and the gate is still up, and as I take it down, I get a whiff of someone else's smell...I can SMELL that someone has been in my house! I march down to the door, growing madder with each step! A stranger was in my baby's room! I open the door with what was probably a horribly mean expression. A lady walks up to me and says we knocked on the door and rang the doorbell. And all I can say...like a few times is you scared my son. She says we called your agent...well she didn't inform me AND did I mention...you scared my sleeping son?? That was the extent of the conversation. Had the lady been nice and apologized, I might have had the mind to say they could come back and look in an hour or so. And now, the more I've thought about this, the more upset I have become. For one, I thought I made it very clear when we put our house up for sale that I HAVE to know when people are coming. Any mom with two little guys knows you cannot keep everything picked up all the time, so if I am expecting someone, I will be sure to pick up. Nothing was picked up today! There was even food left on the table from where we ate lunch and then came right upstairs to nap. I would think red flags, like someone's here. Surely, they looked downstairs first, right?...opened all the doors to see what they were...BIG WHITE SUBURBAN in the garage. Okay, now up the stairs...CLOSED GATE. Now, I don't know about you, but I would not think that someone would put a gate up to upstairs if they were not there. Okay, so they have to remove the gate. Every door upstairs is closed. Do you close each door in your house when you leave? So, they have to pick left or right for the master is what I'm thinking they did. So, they went left...to Hudson's room. They open the door, a FAN is ON, the LIGHTS are OFF. They turn on the light...Hudson says the man turned his fan off, I'm not sure what happened. THEY SEE MY BOY. He says he told them they couldn't come in his room. I don't know exactly what happened. BUT...they retreat from his room, put the gate back up, go out of the house and back to the driveway. Why would they have not come and knocked on my door and told me what had just happened. They are all adults. They just woke up a sleeping BOY, my boy. At this point, they know there are people in the house. Why would they not want to find the adult and apologize; this would be much less traumatic for the little boy they just woke up.

I called Tony, vented my anger to him and then decided that we are NOT going to have a lock box on the door and people can see my house only by APPOINTMENT! So, my Hudson does not forget anything...like he remembers small random stuff...so I'm going to pray that he is not traumatized and does not think that every time he's napping that there will be strange people waking him up. My mama kinda scared me and said...someone could pick your locks and come in your house while you're napping and you wouldn't know, so I'll be setting the alarm during all sleep times from now on!

Later this evening, there were thunderstorms/tornadoes coming through. Tony told me to watch the TV for updates while he put Hudson to bed. We'd already put Walker down and he was asleep. Well, a black ribbon came across saying that there was a tornado warning in Gwinnett until 9:30. It went back to the weather lady who said that you should take cover, go to the inmost part of your house, your basement, if in a mobile home, find shelter, etc. So, I went to get Tony. He, Finley, Hudson and I went downstairs to watch more weather. David Chanley said it was coming to Grayson at 9:10. This was 9:05...so Tony went up and woke sweet Walker up and we all went to the basement. Walker has to be the sweetest, best sleeper. He looked startled for just a minute, then adjusted well. It rained seriously, like two minutes with no thunder or lightening(it had previously been doing both of those...quite loudly) We stayed down there maybe 10 minutes and then came back upstairs, laid Walker back down and he just went right down, ready to go to bed. What a night!

Finally...I met with my old friend BP...aka...torturer! I forgot how much I totally dislike her! But, I guess I'll do what I have to do to get my babies what they need!

If you've read all of this, God Bless You, and, my sweet Finley turned 1 month old today. I didn't take a single picture. I'll take one tomorrow and it'll be her 1 mo. 1 day pic!

1 comment:

The Hartzog's said...

Okay that's just crazy!! I would be raged too if I had strangers coming in my house. Glad everyone was dressed :)
Time's flying by!! Sadie will be one month old this Wednesday...can't believe it!