The night before Easter, we had a family fun night focused on all things Easter. The boys had so much fun, and I had fun planning it all! Hudson was so excited when I told him we were going to have a family fun night, and he's been planning his own family fun in his play! LOVE IT! We started the evening with an Easter egg hunt with plastic eggs that I filled with money and Tony hid in the front yard. Hudson found way more than Walker and when there was one more egg left, I told Hudson to show Walker, and he took it to him...such a sweet brother.


Next, we made "carrots" with orange napkins and green utensils for our East celebration with all our family that was the next day.

After that, we colored eggs. Walker was super messy doing this, which we knew he would be. He is so funny. He kept sticking his fingers in the color he had chosen and sloshing the colored water everywhere!


Next, I sent Tony onto the deck with the guys to plant seeds so I could cook dinner. After they finished planting the seeds, I figured they could play in the soil a little with the shovels they had. This is what I came outside to find.

We had lettuce wraps for dinner...bunny food.


The boys had their very first ever bubble bath, which they loved(I think this was the highlight of the night).

This is what Miss Finley did during our family fun night. She was with us in the kitchen...and she had her own bath while the boys were watching the Berenstain Bears.

We watched a Spring/Easter Berenstain Bears movie while we put on jammies. We finished the evening with Resurrection eggs that told the true meaning of Easter and why we celebrate. We put our Easter baskets out before bed so the Easter bunny could fill them up. It was a fun evening and I will definitely try to implement this into our family. I'm thinking my goal will be every 2 weeks, and it might become once a month. We'll see. But for our first one...it was so fun!
1 comment:
How fun! I love the idea of themed family nights, but have yet to succeed in implementing them.
My boys love getting bubble baths, but it's rare because it's too hard to rinse their hair! They get spoiled and start begging for one every night, though.=)
I meant to tell you that the gluten-free bread I use is Kinnickinick brand. I found it tastes the best of gluten-free breads. I buy it at Whole Foods and Kroger sells it, too. The 2 best are the Italian Style Tapioca Bread and the White Sandwich Bread. Both need to be toasted to warm them and then I usually have to cut off the crust for sandwiches.
Post a Comment