We have this great dvd/vcr player in the kids old playroom which is soon to be Hudson's new bedroom(minus the great storage Papa built that houses the big TV and dvd/vcr). We had it for a few years, in the box, and wanted to wait until we got the storage piece before we put it in there. Well..it's the perfect height for little hands to stick things in there. A few weeks ago, Tony and I were going to watch something in there and I couldn't get the tape out. I kept trying and trying, and the tape would come up and then not push out. I went back a few days later and got down on the level of the vcr...and lo and behold, there was a plastic turkey leg from the play kitchen on top of the video tape, along with something else. After removing those items, the tape came out and the vcr was fixed. This morning, Hudson wanted to watch a "moobie" he had borrowed from Grandmama's house and I went to put it in the vcr. For some reason, I thought to push the door open and look in there. There were two crayons and one of those plastic outlet cover things in there. I told both boys that they would break the vcr if they kept doing stuff like that...I do find it a little funny though!
Thursday, November 6, 2008
DVD/VCR
We have this great dvd/vcr player in the kids old playroom which is soon to be Hudson's new bedroom(minus the great storage Papa built that houses the big TV and dvd/vcr). We had it for a few years, in the box, and wanted to wait until we got the storage piece before we put it in there. Well..it's the perfect height for little hands to stick things in there. A few weeks ago, Tony and I were going to watch something in there and I couldn't get the tape out. I kept trying and trying, and the tape would come up and then not push out. I went back a few days later and got down on the level of the vcr...and lo and behold, there was a plastic turkey leg from the play kitchen on top of the video tape, along with something else. After removing those items, the tape came out and the vcr was fixed. This morning, Hudson wanted to watch a "moobie" he had borrowed from Grandmama's house and I went to put it in the vcr. For some reason, I thought to push the door open and look in there. There were two crayons and one of those plastic outlet cover things in there. I told both boys that they would break the vcr if they kept doing stuff like that...I do find it a little funny though!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Our boys have broken 3 VCRs by putting stuff in there. It is kind of cute, but now we have no working VCR or DVD (except the portable)!
I can't believe that you are depriving these children of their fun, secret hiding place for their important items! What a tough mom you are!
Post a Comment