
So, I had no idea a month ago, when I put in my request at the library for the book Twilight, that I was jumping on a bandwagon. I had no idea there was such a bandwagon to jump onto! I read a fellow mom bloggers blog who said that she'd read the "Twilight Series". I remember it said something about vampires, and I thought...that's not for me. But, she had been enveloped in the series of books, and I love a good read, so I thought, I'll check the book out at the library and if I don't like it, oh well. Just this week, I got an email from the library saying it was my turn to have the book. The day before I went and got the book, I finally realized that it was this book that the movie "Twilight" (about vampires?!?!) was based upon. Then, I started reading all these things about people being so excited about the movie, etc, etc. Well...I started reading the book Friday night, and if wasn't pregnant, I would have finished it Friday night. I just couldn't stay up, being pregnant! But I could not put it down! I finished it Saturday, and now I am wrapped up in this story...I have to see the movie, and I can't wait to get the other books from the library. My hold number for the 2nd book is like #296...I think I was even further back for Twilight and it took about a month to get it. So, my hope is that the people who have that book, read it fast, fast, fast and return it so it quickly moves on. I also think there is something so beautiful about checking books out at the library and knowing that hundreds of other people have shared in the experience and story that is contained within its' pages! I do not think that Twilight is something that Tony would enjoy, but I do think that anyone who loves a good love story would enjoy the book! I read something about the author that said something like...Science Fiction for those who don't like Science Fiction...and I think that sums it up...I'm in love with this series!
2 comments:
I'm glad you loved the book so much! I thought it was crazy to like a vampire love story, too, but it is addicting.=) Hope you don't have to wait too long for the next book or the movie!
OK Becky Dudish, I will now read this series...
Post a Comment