Thursday, November 20, 2008

Interrupted Sleep

So, on Sunday, Tony went and got a slat of wood for us to use on Hudson's big boy bed. We were putting it together and Hudson woke up from his nap. We went and got him and let him come in and help us finish making it up. The intention was that he would not sleep in there until we got the whole room ready for him, moved the TV and moved all his stuff from his room into the new room. Well...he was so excited that he wanted to sleep in the bed that night. Knowing how excited he was, I just couldn't deny him this, so we let him sleep in his big boy bed. I told him not to get out unless Mommy, Daddy or Lois came in to get him (yeah right, what was I thinking). He woke up 3 times that night, screaming and got out of the bed. Monday morning, he woke up at 6:30 a.m and wanted Daddy to come in his room and hold his hand. Well...Daddy has to go to work, so, I put him in the bed with me and scratched his back to get him back to sleep until 7:30, then I got up and got ready for work with little feet behind me, wanting me to do this and that, which is a different way for me to be getting ready, at least for work. Monday night, more of the same. Tuesday night, same thing. Last night, same thing, except last night, he was always in our room screaming Daddy, not in his. How long will this last, getting out of the bed, screaming for Daddy. How long will this last...any ideas? We're exhausted here...sweet Tony gets up, but pregnant Mommy wakes up every time, usually to tell Daddy that Hudson is up. We need some help...maybe Super Nanny?!

3 comments:

Donna R. said...

When Nathan was 2 or 3, we had to move in with my parents while we were between houses. Here's what worked for him: we bought some character sheets (the Smurfs) and told him the smurfs would sleep with him (hey, desperate times...).You could also try some kind of reward system. That's all I got for now.

Kristy said...

Kenna was so easy and just recently (after being in a big girl bed for almost 2 years) got out of her bed for the first time without us going in there to get her. She just stayed in her bed and would even "read" when she woke in the mornings until we went in...just b/c we said so...aw, our easy one. NOW,with the twins it's a whole new ballgame!! We put them in big girl beds back in July! You should go read our site for then...we had to "TRAIN" them! So, now there is nothing in their room except beds and a dresser. They don't get out anymore though...now, we're working on the talking and giggling when they go to bed. It took a good 1-2 months before they stopped getting out of their beds! Hang in there! :)

Wow...I totally just rambled on your blog! SORRY! ;)

Ainsley said...

Super Nanny could totally help you out! I owe many of our parenting techniques to watching that show years ago. =)

I hate having interrupted sleep... hope Hudson gets adjusted quickly!