I've been trying to make little changes to "go green". I recently checked out the book "Gorgeously Green" by Sophie Uliano. I am loving it. I have already made two "green" cleaning products, and both work so well. The first is just 1/2 vinegar and 1/2 water mixture. I used this to clean my mirrors and windows, and it made them spotless...I was a little skeptical b/c when I was wiping it, it looked more like it was smearing than cleaning...but seriously...spotless. I also used it to mop our kitchen floor...again, I couldn't believe how clean they got. The second is a mixture of water, vinegar, hydrogen peroxide, castille soap, lemongrass essential oil and tea tree oil. It has a strange scent, but cleans my counters, stove top, table, etc...and they get really clean. My next adventure is to try going totally "green" with our hair care products. I got some Jason shampoo for Hudson that looked great...it's for dry scalp and it has Tea Tree oil in it. I'm so glad though, that I just looked at the list of ingredients before I use it...which I always do, but I didn't the other night when I bought it. It has wheat germ and wheat something else in it, one of things Hudson is allergic to...that boy would have been scratching like crazy...I have to remember...always read ALL the ingredients. Anyway, I recommend "Gorgeously Green." She gives lots and lots of products that you don't have to make that you can actually buy to be "green" and help take care of the planet. She even tells about a soy based nail polish that is supposed to be better for the environment as well as for your body(the one I looked at online had 100's of colors and only cost $6!).
No comments:
Post a Comment