
Growing up, I don't remember us carving pumpkins. My mama says we may have once or twice, but since Daddy was a football coach, and Halloween is during football season, I'm thinking it's a tradition that just never got going at our house. So, since Tony and I have been married, each Halloween, I have carved a pumpkin. And, each Halloween, I always end up with bruises on my arms from scooping out the pumpkin goo. I also usually use kitchen knives and do simple triangle shapes for eyes, nose and mouth. But, this year, I bought one of those kits with all the tools and even patterns. Hudson was so excited to carve our pumpkin. He picked out the pattern, was very excited about the seeds, and so like Hudson, less excited about sticking his hand in the pumpkin and pulling out the goo. Walker, on the other hand, stuck his hand right in the pumpkin and pulled out lots of goo. However, he kept wanting to put the seeds we had already pulled out back in. We had lots of fun...check out the pictures where Mommy is carving and the boys are laying on the blanket in the kitchen...too cute! I think our pumpkin turned out cute! (A side note...kiddos grow up so very fast...last year, every pumpkin that Hudson saw, he called pumpkin boo. This year, Tony and saw a pumpkin somewhere and said "Oh look Hudson, a pumpkin boo." He quickly told us...that not a pumpkin boo, that a pumpkin. I wish we had recorded all these sweet things b/c they grow too fast!!!)




No comments:
Post a Comment